Mes: Xullo, 2014

Details and more details

Since my last report I have been working on improving gettext-po bindings, fixing some bugs and starting to implement the plugin engine.

The gettext-po bindings are finished and the whole gettext-po library has its equivalent on the Vala bindings. The plugins engine is implemented but I have to create an API to be able to do a useful plugin. I have been cleaning the code so creating that API should be easier.

In addition, I have implement a notification bar which indicates the user that there are no messages that have the search criteria for example and the message list scroll works properly when we select a item. I have been trying some things for implement “automatic scrolling” but I finally do it manually. The problem is that when a row is selected, this row grabs the focus so if we are typing inside the search bar, we can not continue typing.

During the next weeks I will create a API that makes possible to create useful plugins and I will fix the bugs and details that the application has.

You can try the program downloading it from Github.

The GUADEC will start at the 26th of July and I will be there 🙂 so if you have some idea about the application, a good place to tell me would be there.

Keep working on GNOMECAT

During last weeks I have been working on improving the program UI and the po file management. You can see the result in the following video:

I have improve PoFiles bindings including functions to file header and string origins management and fixing some errors. I have use the information from header files to improve opened files panel and to create a custom recent files widget.

Saving files almost works. We can save a file but there are some troubles with origins which I should fix. In addition I have modify a little the implementation of the Po File class in order to make it more efficient.

I’m starting to improve the profile panel and I have started separating the entries in two stackable panels for basic and advanced configuration. I added autocomplete for plural form and team email when we select a language but it only works in a couple of languages :S. If you can contribute to the code an easy and very useful way would be to fill this data for some languages. You can even do this from the GitHub interface.

You can try and contribute to the code using the GitHub repository. If you are interested on contributing to the application the most relevant part I should work on is figure out how to improve the program performance with big files (gnumeric could be a good example).

On the other hand I’m planning to attend this year GUADEC (I have already bought the flights). There it will be a I18N BoF which I’m afraid I wont be able to assist because I leave Strasbourg on 29th of July. However it would be really interesting to receive some feedback from the translators during that days.

sponsored-badge-shadow

I have to thanks GNOME Foundation for sponsoring the trip one year again 🙂

Se continuas empregando esta web, aceptas o uso de cookies. máis información

As cookies son pequenos paquetes de datos que se almacenan no teu navegador e que permiten mellorar a experiencia de usuario. Se continúas a usar esta web sen cambiar a túa configuración das cookies ou premes o boton "Aceptar" estas aceptando o uso de cookies neste sitio.

Pechar