I have been accepted again to participate in Google Summer of Code program!! During this summer I plan to finish the application I started during last summer.
The first month I have been really bussy with some university exams and projects so I haven’t be able to post any report. But I have been working on changing some parts of the UI interface.
I have create a design wiki page using the relevant art from the previous GTranslator redesign and I have added some new designs. I have started to implement this designs you can see the result in the following video.
As you can see I have remove the preferences dialog and now it’s part of the main window. In addition I have add a .desktop file, I have implemented i18n support, a wellcome mode where the program forces the user to create a profile before starting to use the program, etc. You can see all my work in the repository commits.
I expect you like the result. It needs to be polished and some bug fixing (encoding combobox for example) but I believe that you can see the idea. My next step is to redesign the main editing window to make something similar to this.
You can test the code downloading it from the GitHub repository. I use Fedora 20 (with GNOME 3.10) and I don’t need to use JHBuild for compiling and running the program.